And when you gaze long into Friday, Friday also gazes into you.
- Cat gifs that made me giggle. (Link from Elizabeth Bear)
- Big dogs and tiny kittens. (Also from Elizabeth Bear)
- Superman, written well. “Who did this to you?” (Linked from Diane Duane)
- Slate’s collection of the best 2013 photos of space.
This is my Friday. It’s little and broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good.
- 30 Naughtiest Dogs. (Have I linked to this before? I don’t care. It made me laugh again.)
- Man who rescues owls, and the one that refuses to leave.
- Ferrets playing in packing peanuts. (Link from wyldbutterflies)
- Now I want a lawn dinosaur for my birthday!
- And finally, a Cyanide & Happiness cartoon that might appeal to fans of Goblin Quest…
Friday says, “Beware. I live!”
- The Orchid Mantis. I swear this gorgeous thing is a superhero insect. A mantis was bitten by a radioactive orchid and now fights crime with her sidekick, Aphid-Boy. (Link from Elizabeth Bear)
- May 4 – The Simpsons will be airing a full LEGO-animated episode.
- Pictures of a Tiny, Adventurous LEGO Photographer. (Link from Jay Lake)
- If it Fits, I Sits. (Cats in boxes and other small containers. Because cats.)
- Cats and Dogs vs. Furniture.
I’m off to New York this afternoon for No Such Convention. Have a good weekend, all!
- Cats Taking Selfies.
- Wet Cats. (Link from Michi Trota)
- AT-ATs attack the Winter Olympics. (Link from Comrade Cat)
- Book Sculptures by Malena Valcarcel. (Link from Kat Howard)
- A can of Ravioli is devoured by lava. Just because.
If Friday was a superhero, who would it be?
- Cats about to sneeze.
- Lost, well-loved stuffed
bearlion cub has adventures in Newcastle and is eventually reunited with owner. Well done, internet!
- If you’re a fan of Discworld and Terry Pratchett, you should appreciate this gif set. (Link removed – apparently the page got hijacked. I’m so sorry about that!)
- Scientists explain their processes with a little too much honesty. (Link via Catherine Shaffer)
- Star Wars football helmets: American and National Leagues. (Link via SF Signal)
- LEGO Calvin and Hobbes, with snowmen.
Hello, Friday. What took you so long?
- 30 of the Naughtiest Dogs on the Internet.
- Stormtrooper Hip Hop & Twerking.
- Working Star Wars pinball machine, made out of LEGO. There is also video.
- Hubble’s Finest Spirals. Freaking gorgeous space photos. (Link via Diane Duane)
- Academia Explained, Using Muppets.
Hello, Friday. Nice to see you again. What took you so long?
- Michigan preschooler gets a robotic hand from a high school robotics team.
- Video of peacock spiders dancing to “YMCA.” (Obvious warning – contains spiders.)
- Elves at Starbucks. This cosplay makes me happy.
- Kitty pops a water balloon. Behold the slow-motion horror in kitty’s eyes… (Link from Seanan McGuire)
- Musical Notation as Interpreted by Cats. Gifs for musical cat lovers. Or cat-loving musicians. Something.
- Cat in a field of blue butterflies. Yeah, I’m on a bit of a cat kick. And I don’t imagine this ended well for all of the butterflies. Still cool and pretty, though! (Link from Kat Howard)
Friday again? Didn’t we just have one of these like a week ago?
Oh, and I know it’s last minute, but if you’re in the East Lansing area, I’ll be doing a session tomorrow afternoon at Write on the Red Cedar.
Anyway, have some links, and enjoy the weekend!
- Happy animals!
- The Donald Trump caterpillar.
- Santos the Ocelot Kitten makes friends with Blakely the Dog. (Link from Kat Howard)
- Australian scientists apologize for not having created dragons. And then they go ahead and make one. FOR SCIENCE!
- Indiana Jones/Gingerbread Man crossover. In LEGO. There are no words for this one. Just click and appreciate.
- Ice balls on the shore of Lake Michigan.