A brief personal update.
The GEMOX chemo my wife began at the beginning of June has been ineffective. After meeting with the oncologist this morning, we’ve decided to try another type of chemo called RICE, which we’re hopeful will get her well enough for the CAR T-cell procedure. She also received another dose of radiation this morning to help try to shrink the various tumors.
She’ll be transferred to Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit this afternoon. If all goes well, she’ll be there for at least 1-2 months of treatment and recovery. Possibly more.
This obviously isn’t the news I was hoping to be able to share by this point in the process. But Amy’s not giving up. She’s fought through so much already. I knew she was strong, but I hadn’t realized just how strong…
Thank you all for the ongoing love and support. It helps.