Cool Stuff Friday
Friday cannot wait until Wednesday…
- Big cats love their pumpkins.
- Literary jack o’lanterns.
- Dog snapchats.
- Inhale, exhale. I’ve worked with my son a bit, trying to teach him to use his breathing to calm himself. And if I’m honest, it’s something I need to remember to do at times as well. These are some nifty animations from Nathan Pyle that might help.
November 4, 2016 @ 12:56 pm
Definitely needed this today; loved the big cats video, and those jack-o-lanterns were amazing! Thanks, Jim!
November 4, 2016 @ 5:21 pm
Soothing breathing things I have been taught or found out for myself:
– you need to find the rythym that suits you personally, it isn’t the same one for all of us
– most people pause for a beat at the top of the inhale and for longer at the bottom of the exhale, those animations are cute, but no pauses may make you struggle to keep up with them, which may not be helpful.
– lots and lots of practise for a couple of minutes at a time when you are calm helps you to do it when you aren’t calm and the easiest way to get this practise in is to do it when you do something you do several times a day. People often suggest doing it while waiting for the kettle to boil, me I say do it every time you go to the loo!
November 4, 2016 @ 8:10 pm
One trick for breathing control is to find a piece of music at the right tempo that you enjoy and hum/sing along. Or pull up a virtual metronome and sync to the clicks.