Tomorrow, I’m off to the wilds of Iowa to play Toastmaster at ICON 39. ICON is always fun, and this year I get to pick on guests of honor Elizabeth Bear, Scott Lynch, Lar deSouza, and Megan Lara. I’m told that I should get Scott up on stage at opening ceremonies to read erotica in his gnome voice…
I’ll probably be reading my story from the next Chicks in Chainmail anthology on Saturday, for anyone who might want to swing by for that. My full schedule is below.
Looking forward to seeing folks! And for the rest of you, I’ll catch up next week when I get back.
Thursday, October 30
- 6:30 pm, B&N Booksigning
Friday, October 31
- 1:00 pm, Dreamcon
- 7:00 pm, Opening Ceremonies
- 9:00 pm, How SF/F Challenges Your Mind
Saturday, November 1
- 9:00 am, Getting Through Your First Draft (Preregistered Paradise ICON participants only)
- 10:00 am, Author Meet & Greet
- 1:00 pm, Blogging Do’s and Don’ts
- 3:00 pm, Reading by Jim C. Hines
- 4:00 pm, GoH Interview
- 6:30 pm, Art and Charity Auction
- 8:00 pm, Getting Published
- 9:00 pm, Things I wish I’d known before I started writing
Sunday, November 2
- 12:00 pm, Beyond SF 101
October 29, 2014 @ 11:34 am
Sounds like you are going to have some fun.
Are you doing the benefactor’s brunch again this year?
Jim C. Hines
October 29, 2014 @ 11:48 am
I honestly don’t know. I hope so, ’cause it’s fun, but I don’t think anything’s been discussed. Or else I’m just forgetting about an email or something…
October 29, 2014 @ 12:11 pm
I know it’s on sched.org.
It is a lot of fun, mainly to talk to people. After talking to you last year, my wife had me pick up all of your books and she binge read them over the next month. 🙂
Jim C. Hines
October 29, 2014 @ 1:08 pm
Oh, cool 🙂
Looking at the site, it appears they just haven’t tagged any guests for that particular item. So my guess is that I’ll be there, just like last year.