1) After spending all that time working on Red Hood’s Revenge, it’s amazing how quickly the short fiction goes. One week from short story seed to finished first draft? I could get used to this! Now to go back and make the whole thing coherent and cohesive. (Right now it’s 3700 words of themeless mess, but that’s okay. It’ll get better.)
2) A lot of you have already seen this, but author Cat Valente is writing a book-in-a-book as a way to help get through some tough financial times. Cat’s a great author and human being. Please check out her announcement for details, or visit the adopting cat community which has been set up in LiveJournal.
3) I try not to obsess. I really do. But I want to know who stole one of the Amazon reviews for The Stepsister Scheme! 14 reviews last week. 13 today. Amazon’s just doing this to mess with my head, aren’t they*?
4) There is no four. Or is there?
5) Apropos of yesterday’s post on weight issues, what are some SF/F books that deal with the issue in a decent fashion, whether that means addressing it head on or simply including non-supermodel characters who are portrayed well and not just as villains (fat=evil) or comic relief? The first one I think of is the Such a Pretty Face anthology Lee Martindale did almost a decade back. What else is out there?
Have a great weekend, all!
*A brand-new 14th review popped up literally minutes before I posted this. Amazon is totally messing with me! Jerks.