April 1 Roundup
- ThinkGeek has their annual April Fools additions. I want the Klingon refrigerator magnet letters.
- LEGO is launching a Trump & Putin BrickHeadz buddy pack
- Google Maps has added a Where’s Waldo feature
- Another LEGO-themed joke? But I NEED this vacuum that sorts bricks by size and color!!!
- Burger King’s chocolate whopper commercial is equal parts amusing and disturbing
- West Yorkshire Police have recruited their first police bunny
- Bangor University has successfully hatched the first Welsh Dragon in over 500 years
Feel free to add your favorites in the comments. (Let’s avoid the cruel/hurtful jokes, thank you.)
April 1, 2018 @ 2:49 pm
Mandatory courtesy wave law – so very Canadian.
““A courtesy wave is a simple gesture that goes a long way toward brightening someone’s day,” says Quorum. “Though it might feel strange at first, just remember: it only takes a bit more energy to raise your other three fingers and thumb at another driver.””
April 1, 2018 @ 11:54 pm
The LEGO vacuum sorter is neat, and yet is another example of how technology is replacing the human workforce. I mean, if my brother had had one of those growing up, I would have been out of a job sorting his LEGO as he built stuf.
April 2, 2018 @ 2:55 am
I seem to be the only one on the internet who was rather fond of the Pokémon Go 8-bit graphics joke, but nevertheless, I still am. I thought it was a neat touch.
April 2, 2018 @ 9:01 am
I loved the Klingon one and the Pokemon 8-bit graphics.
I had to disappoint my BF’s sister by letting her know the lego-sorter wasn’t real…
And, I had a LOT of fun with my own one: Ch@ractR – the crowd sourced social media for Literaturally-Real People.
April 4, 2018 @ 6:41 pm
The husband and I discussed how the Lego vacuum is theoretically possible, and that some robotics grad student should invent it! (Sorting by size is mechanically trivial, sorting by color is possible, but you’d need some good AI to tell Legos from trash)
It would be worth millions!