Terminal Alliance Publication Day!!!
Today marks the official release of Terminal Alliance, book one of the Janitors of the Post-Apocalypse trilogy!
My thanks to everyone who has supported, encouraged, reviewed, and generally just been wonderful and awesome during the writing and production of this book. It’s currently available in hardcover, e-book, and audio. I believe the mass market paperback should be coming in about a year.
- HARDCOVER: Amazon | B&N | BAM | Mysterious Galaxy | Schuler Books | Indiebound
- EBOOK: Amazon | B&N | BAM | Kobo | iBooks
- AUDIO: Amazon
Care to read the first chapter? We’ve got you covered:
The reviews I’ve seen so far have been great! Here’s a sampling…
- “Hines delivers a fantastic space opera that doesn’t skimp on the action and excitement but pairs it with a hefty dose of slightly scatological humor.” –Library Journal Starred Review
- “[R]aises the bar for humorous postapocalyptic science fiction with charming underdogs, fascinating alien races, complex intergalactic politics…a genuine pleasure to read.” –Booklist
- “[A]n exciting white-knuckle adventure awaits to engage sci-fi fans and genre newcomers alike. Hines breathes life into a stunning number of otherworldly beings, but his skills with the human characters really shines here.” –Romantic Times
- “Terminal Alliance works both as amusing comedy and as rousing military SF, and I recommend it to fans of either.” –Amazing Stories
- “Hines is one of the funniest, and most fun, writers in our genre! Terminal Alliance skewers science fiction tropes and takes on a wild romp through an original universe.” –Tobias S. Buckell, New York Times bestselling author
Finally, I should have some guest posts and interviews and such going live over the next few days. I’ll add those links here as they appear.
- Space Janitors vs. Brain Weasels: Guest post about depression and the writing process at Chuck Wendig’s blog.
- Interview with Deborah of GeekDame.
- Guest Post on Book/Genre Snobbery, at Ilona Andrews’ blog.
- My Favorite Bit, at Mary Robinette Kowal’s blog.
I hope you all enjoy the story.
November 7, 2017 @ 1:20 pm
FYI, while the IFTTT is getting your posts over to dreamwidth successfully, it’s losing all the links 🙁
Jim C. Hines
November 7, 2017 @ 1:40 pm
Jeliza – I know. I haven’t found a fix yet, but I’m still searching…
November 7, 2017 @ 2:38 pm
Oh and if anyone (like me) missed the announcement, the next MeL story is up for pre-order everywhere fine pixels are sold. Even Google Play (thanks Jim!)
November 8, 2017 @ 6:25 am
Hi Jim. On amazon the kindle ebook shows as “This title is not currently available for purchase ” on Kobo it shows as
“Unavailable in South Africa
This item can’t be purchased in South Africa. Shop from South Africa to see titles available to you.”
and on BAM it says
“This item is only available to U.S. billing addresses. ”
Any idea why they won’t let us buy on the international market?
Jim C. Hines
November 8, 2017 @ 8:32 am
Leonard – Publishing territorial restrictions, unfortunately. I sent an email yesterday asking about some of those restrictions, but I’m not sure if there’s anything I’ll be able to do.
November 8, 2017 @ 8:45 am
OK Cool thanks 🙂
November 9, 2017 @ 7:18 am
Hi Jim, Kindle ebook not showing up on Amazon.com either when I looked a moment. ago. Hardback and audio are showing on Amazon.co.uk. but not ebook (listed but unavailable), It looks like the ebook is not available anywhere, Are you saying digital books have different territorial rights? I don’t know about Amazon US but your ebook listings on Amazon UK are a bit weird. At the moment, normal listings shows all your ebooks as unavailable. but if I go through your author’s page your ebooks are available. Could just be an Amazon glitch.Thing is not everyone would think to look on your author’s page so, potentially, they are missing out.
November 9, 2017 @ 7:43 am
Ok. Amazon UK seem to have sorted out the glitch with your ebook listings now so forget what I said. As for your new book (still not available as ebook), we don’t seem to have a problem getting your ebooks in the UK so is it just a matter of waiting a while. Have you been given any indication when your new ebook will hit the UK markets?
Jim C. Hines
November 9, 2017 @ 8:14 am
Jacqueline – No information on the UK ebook yet, but I’ll definitely post an update as soon as I know something. Thanks!
November 10, 2017 @ 3:44 pm
Barnes & Noble tracking says out for delivery today! What a lovely way to start the weekend.
November 13, 2017 @ 1:15 pm
I believe the word I’m looking for here is, Whoo-hoo!