Cool Stuff Friday
If all goes well, I’m still sleeping right now, after getting up to try to see Comet Lovejoy. (Since it sounds like Comet ISON may not have survived its close encounter with the sun 🙁 )
Anyway, here – have some links of fun and niftiness!
- Nadya Vessey’s Prosthetic Mermaid Tail, Courtesy of Weta Workshop.
- Cats vs. Fruit.
- Dogs that Forgot How to Dog. (Because I’ve shared a lot of cat stuff, and figured I should throw the dog-lovers a bone.)
- Check out this photo of Comet ISON, by Damian Peach.
- Fox diving into the snow, from photographer Richard Peters.
- Finally, Shawn Snyder built LEGO Borg.
November 29, 2013 @ 10:31 pm
I hear that ISON may have survived and will be making a return appearance in December
December 1, 2013 @ 11:22 am
On the dogs one, when I was a teenager, our dog had puppies and we kept one. Puppy boinged all over, like a normal puppy, and our adult cat apparently decided that he’d have to take this situation in hand if he wanted to survive once the new pest grew up to be bigger than him. So the cat basically raised the puppy, and taught him cat stuff. In particular, he taught the puppy to fight like a cat. If you made like you wanted to wrestle with him, did the human equivalent of a play bow, Puppy rolled over on his back and started clawing with his back feet, like a cat would. We thought it was hilarious, but his mother was incredibly annoyed; she’d bark and nip at him, trying to get him to stand up. You could almost hear her saying, “Act like a dog! You’re so embarassing!”
Jim C. Hines
December 1, 2013 @ 11:23 am