Happy Friday, all! I’m really, really hoping to have a draft of Unbound I can submit to my editor by the end of this weekend. If I do, I may reward myself by trying to put a costume together for Windycon. Don’t know if I’ll be able to pull it off, but there’s an idea that’s taken hold of my brain…
- Amazing and wonderful costumes of New York Comic Con, from Tor.com. I particularly loved the service dog dressed as Captain America.
- 13 pictures of goats on cliffs. (As usual, don’t read the comments.) I was a little skeptical about this, but I did some digging and verified that at least some–possibly all–of these photos are genuine. And now I’ll be singing “Spider-Goat, Spider-Goat, does whatever a Spider-Goat can” for the rest of the day.
- Model maker and photographer Michael Paul Smith’s forced perspective photographs.
- Maria Keller, 13-Year-Old Minnesota Girl, Donates 1 Million Books.
- This one is totally self-serving, but still cool! Graphic Audio is offering a talking (chirping, really) Smudge with purchase of the goblin trilogy for the rest of October. Or you can order Smudge directly.
- 100,000 Stars. Basically, a Google Map of the galaxy. Though it won’t give me driving directions to Gamma Draconis 🙁
- From a few years back: Botanists in Israel grew a tree that’s been extinct for 1500 years, using seeds from 2000 years ago.
- Finally, from the Mary Sue, check out this Labyrinth family cosplay: