Cool Stuff Friday
Another Friday, another collection of links that will hopefully make your day a little better.
- Dog drinks from water fountain. Wonderful canine facial expressions ensue.
- I loved Charlie Jane Anders’ Hugo award-winning story Six Months, Three Days. So I’m thrilled to see that NBC is putting together a procedural based on her story. I admit, I’m a little nervous about what they might do with it, but I’m so happy and excited for Charlie Jane.
- Video of a red panda playing with a pumpkin.
- The cover for Jaime Lee Moyer’s next book just showed up online, and guess who has a blurb on the front cover! (Also, the cover looks great, and I liked the first book a lot, but I have a front-cover blurb!)
- Zac Vawter, who lost his leg in a motorcycle accident, is now the “test pilot” for what’s being called the world’s first fully bionic, mind-controlled leg.
- Finally, the LEGO Black Box, by Jason Allemann:
October 4, 2013 @ 11:50 am
God, I love living in the future.
October 4, 2013 @ 12:12 pm
That black box has terrific comic timing.
October 5, 2013 @ 9:01 am
I’ve always enjoyed the raccoons and foxes here, but now I really wish they’d mate and make a red panda.
And excellent book cover!
October 5, 2013 @ 4:30 pm
So I have a cool thing for cool thing Friday. I work at Wal-Mart (not cool) but yesterday on Friday I had a customer come threw that I would have to call Mr. Hines evil twin. I don’t know if he was really evil but he looked a lot like Mr. Hines except that he had a beard and was more tan also he had hate and love tattooed on his knuckles. But it was weird that the face and nose was kind of the same. Hopefully he is not a parallel world Hines bent on world domination.
Jim C. Hines
October 5, 2013 @ 5:17 pm
Actually, a battle between Good Jim and Evil Jim could be a fun change of pace 🙂