Cool Stuff Friday
I’m thinking about trying to make this a recurring thing, because the world needs more positive. So here, have some random goodness…
- My wife’s surgery went well, and she
should be coming home from the hospital todayis home now! Thank you all for your good wishes.
- Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. starts Tuesday!
- Author Harry Connolly started a Kickstarter campaign for The Great Way, an epic fantasy trilogy. He reached his funding goal in 8 hours, which is mind-bogglingly sweet.
- Jodi Meadows got to see a rocket launch from a NASA facility. I am jealous, but at least I got to read her great write-up and see the pictures 🙂
- Did you know the Curiosity Rover is on Twitter? Its latest advice: “Always look both ways before autonomously navigating yourself across the crater.”
- Finally, a walking, fire-breathing robot dragon. I want one!
September 20, 2013 @ 2:34 pm
My wife’s surgery went well, and she should be coming home from the hospital today is home now! Thank you all for your good wishes.
Very glad to hear.
September 20, 2013 @ 2:45 pm
Jim, even bettre than @CuriosityRover is @SarcasticRover! It just wants to go home! 🙂
Glad to hear your wife is home and recovering!
September 20, 2013 @ 5:43 pm
Glad to hear your wife is home & everything went well! 🙂
My nomination for Cool Stuff would be Codex Born – I devoured it last Friday night (staying up till 3am, ha ha), and it was totally worth it. Excellent sequel. So, uh, when’s Book 3 coming out? 🙂
Jim C. Hines
September 20, 2013 @ 6:00 pm
Thank you! 🙂 We don’t have a firm release date for Unbound yet. Probably late 2014 or early 2015. But I’m 30K into the third draft, and making good progress so far!
September 21, 2013 @ 2:51 am
Glad to hear the bride is well.
You’re late on the dragon. We’ve had him in the “But, but, but… I WANT it!” thread at Hurog since… Reply #296 on: September 17, 2013, 08:22:14
Looking forward to time to finish the first Libromancer book.
September 21, 2013 @ 7:06 pm
Thanks for the links. The dragon is cool. And I’m glad your wife is doing well. Surgery is no fun (unless they give you interesting drugs that don’t make you queasy).