I’m off to play Guest of Honor at Penguicon today. I’ve been going to this convention for years, so it’s doubly awesome to have been invited to be author GoH. Triply awesome when you realize that as GoH, I get to invent a flavor of liquid nitrogen ice cream!
I’ll be making Troll Toe Ice Cream, for anyone who wants to stop by…
The full schedule looks like so:
Friday, April 26:
- 6:00PM-7:00PM: Opening Ceremonies
- 7:00PM-8:00PM: GoH Social Hour (Meet n’ Greet, with Q&A for all the Guests of Honor)
- 9:00PM-10:00PM: You’ve Written It, Now What?
Saturday, April 27:
- 4:00PM-5:00PM: Make ‘Em Laugh: Comedy in Speculative Fiction
- 5:00PM-7:00PM: ICE CREAM!!! (I probably won’t be there the whole two hours, since I’ll need to run and get dinner.)
- 7:00PM-8:00PM: Jim C. Hines – Sexism and Cover Art
Sunday, April 28:
- 3:00PM-4:00PM: Closing Ceremonies
My wife Amy will be coming along on this one. It’s our first convention with just the two of us, and I’m really looking forward to it. Partly because we get to spend a weekend together in a nice hotel surrounded by geeks. And partly because, well, it’s the first time she’ll see me doing the Guest of Honor thing.
It’s a combination of sharing something that’s really important to me with my best friend in the world, and at the same time, spreading my authorial peacock feathers to show off for my mate. Which is a little silly, but still cool.