LEGO Helm’s Deep & Book Stuff
As you might have gathered from Wednesday’s post, most of my energy is going into book-related stuff right now, including…
- A Twitter chat/interview at sffwrtcht. (Transcript is here – includes one automaton-related spoiler detail from the moderator.)
- An interview with LGBT Fantasy Fans and Writers in which I talk about princesses and Libriomancer and writing advice and a magic marionette.
- Several other as-yet-unpublished interviews, guest blogs, and essays.
- Talking to my editor about the cover for book two.
- Brainstorming a title for book two. (I spent more than an hour staring at the computer last night, just jotting down random words. I also had a title feedback session on Facebook.) The possible titles I finally sent my editor are: CODEX BORN, CODEX BOUND, or CODEX UNBOUND. We’ll see what she thinks.
- Chatting with Carol Monda, who will be doing the narration for the audio books of the princess series. (Did I make that announcement here? I don’t think I did. Bad author! I know I mentioned it on Twitter and Facebook.)
So while I try to find my brain, enjoy this impressive LEGO recreation of the battle at Helm’s Deep, by Daniel Z. Click the pic for more shots of this set.
July 27, 2012 @ 11:42 am
Are you telling me CODEXERCISED wasn’t considered for a potential title? For shame, Jim.
Jim C. Hines
July 27, 2012 @ 11:46 am
Someone suggested CODEXPLOSION, and another said it should be CODEXIFORNICATION. Do those count?
July 27, 2012 @ 11:47 am
Uh-oh. Brain not letting go….
who now has an annoying voice singing “I’m codexy for a book…”
July 27, 2012 @ 4:03 pm
Wow, Felicia Day is going to be part of the next book? ;-}
Jim C. Hines
July 27, 2012 @ 4:07 pm
Heh. Given the geek-positive nature of the books, anything’s possible 🙂