The miscellaneous stuff first.
- Author Saladin Ahmed asks for help as he’s fighting with with various physical, financial, and mental health issues. He also offers up a “Conan pastiche” short story, “Iron Eyes and the Watered-Down World.”
- This cover for Catwoman #0. I don’t even … the only character I know of who could pull off that pose is Sergeant Schlock from Schlock Mercenary. However, enough people have dared me that I’m considering trying the pose myself to see how close I could get. I need to check my health insurance coverage first, though.
- The Parent du Jour has an interview with me where I talk about being a Dad, my strengths and weaknesses as a parent, and some of my best and worst moments.
- We watched the first two episodes of Avatar: The Last Airbender last night. Aang is tremendous fun. Note to self – do not watch this with my son right before bedtime, because he gets too worked up and has to run around pretending to be a bender.
- There are close to 250 comments on my post about boundaries on my website and LJ. Thank you for some great discussion. All of this says to me that we really need to talk about this stuff more.
- Libriomancer [Amazon | B&N | Mysterious Galaxy] Tidbits
- The Goodreads Giveaway is still going strong, with 20 copies available.
- And Publishers Weekly gave the book a starred review, saying it was, “amusing and action-packed from page one; Isaac is sure to be an instant fan favorite, and the secondary characters are vivid and multidimensional.” ::Happyauthorbounce::
I’ve got two more advance review copies of Libriomancer sitting at home, and I want to give them away. If you want one, all you have to do is leave a comment telling me why you should get it. (If you’re commenting anonymously, please make sure I have a way to get in touch with you if you win.)
Be as serious or ridiculous as you want.
- “I want it because I’m Tim Burton and I want to make a Libriomancer movie starring Johnny Depp as Smudge!”
- “I want it because librarians are sexy-awesome!”
- “I will review it everywhere and tattoo the first chapter on my body!”
I’ll pick two winners on June 20. One ARC will go to whoever leaves the best (in my opinion) reason, and the other will be drawn completely at random from all the entries.
This is not limited to U.S. residents. I’ll mail the books anywhere in the world.