Three Weeks to Mermaid!
• I don’t link to many reviews of my work, but I’m going to make an exception for this one. sigelphoenix has posted one of the most thoughtful reviews of The Stepsister Scheme [Amazon | Mysterious Galaxy] that I’ve come across. Some spoilers, but worth reading: http://sigelphoenix.insanejournal.com/168038.html
• Balancing this out, Andrew Wheeler glanced at a copy of Mermaid and warns readers to “Expect a lot of singing Motown into shampoo bottles, or whatever the fantasy-novel equivalent of the ‘girls bonding montage’ is, when The Mermaid’s Madness hits stores.” Hmph. I’ll have you know my book contains absolutely no shampoo, minimal singing, and only a few bondage scenes.
• Hey reviewers! The Mermaid’s Madness [Amazon | Mysterious Galaxy] has gone to press, which means physical copies of the book exist, even if they aren’t showing up in stores quite yet. If you would like a review copy of the book, please contact me, and I’ll try to hook you up with my publicist.
Finally, I wanted to present some SHOCKING REVELATIONS FROM THE MERMAID’S MADNESS!*
- Snow White becomes a Sparkly Vampire®. (She is awfully pale…)
- Meet Queen Beatrice’s newest agent: Dragonslayer. Jig Dragonslayer. 007, License to Cower.
- Magical power is revealed to come from tiny magichlorians in the blood.
- Snow White gropes Neil Gaiman.
- Danielle, Talia, Snow White, and the Little Mermaid transform and merge into SuperMegaPrincessZoid.
- Prince Armand comes back in time, blows up Lorindar, and reboots the whole series using mysterious “Puce Matter.”
- Montage of all three princesses singing Motown into shampoo bottles.
- Fairy Tale Princesses vs. Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus!
- In a shameless attempt to build Internet buzz, Talia tapes bacon to a mermaid.
Feel free to suggest your own 🙂
*It’s possible that some or all of these shocking revelations might have been cut from the final manuscript…
September 15, 2009 @ 12:03 pm
Considering Neil’s take on Snow White, “Snow, Glass, Apple”, that #4 is awfully creepy.
Jim C. Hines
September 15, 2009 @ 12:05 pm
I know I’ve read that, but it was ages ago. Is it online anywhere that you know of?
September 15, 2009 @ 12:21 pm
some form of audio at Salon, http://dir.salon.com/story/audio/fiction/2002/11/04/gaiman_snow/email.html
September 15, 2009 @ 8:35 pm
Talia gets a double-sided lightsab… er, sword?
Also, hard copy of Snow, Glass, Apples, is in Smoke and Mirrors.
Jim C. Hines
September 15, 2009 @ 8:43 pm
Cool – thanks, Kat!