Welcome to another Transgender Michigan Fundraiser auction!
Transgender Michigan was founded in 1997, and continues to run one of the only transgender helplines in the country, available 24/7 at 855-345-8464. Every tax-deductible donation helps them continue to provide support, advocacy, and education.
Today’s auction is for an autographed paperback copy of the book THE LOST PLANET, by Rachel Searles.
About the Book:
This is what the boy is told:
- He woke up on planet Trucon, inside of a fence line he shouldn’t have been able to cross.
- He has an annirad blaster would to the back of his head.
- He has no memory.
- He is now under the protection of a mysterious benefactor.
- His name is Chase Garrety.
This is what Chase Garrety knows:
- He has a message: “Guide the star.”
- Time is running out.
This auction is open worldwide.
How to bid:
- Minimum bid is $10 U.S. Bidding starts at http://www.jimchines.com/2016/12/tgm-fundraiser-searles/ the moment this post goes live!
- Enter your bid in the comments. Bids must be a minimum of $1 more than the previous bid. (No bouncing from $20.01 to $20.02 to $20.03 and so on.) Make sure to include an email address I can use to contact you.
- Each auction will run for 24 hours, starting at noon Eastern time and running until noon the following day.
- To discourage last-minute sniping, I’ll wait until 10 minutes after the last bid to close an auction.
- If you want to be notified about other bids, check the “Subscribe to Comments” box when you bid.
Winning the auction:
I’ll contact the winner, who will then donate the winning bid to Transgender Michigan. You’ll forward me a copy of the receipt, at which point, I’ll contact the donor to arrange delivery of your winnings.
About Rachel Searles:
Rachel Searles was raised in Michigan, studied in Munich, married in Istanbul, and currently lives in Los Angeles with her family. Her first novel, The Lost Planet, was a Texas Bluebonnet award finalist (and a favorite read of Elon Musk’s kids!).
Don’t forget about the DAW Raffle!
My publisher, DAW Books, has agreed to contribute:
6 Tad Williams Bundles: each bundle includes one copy of Otherland: City of Golden Shadow (hardcover first edition, first printing) plus 1 Advance Review Copy of The Heart of What Was Lost.
6 DAW December Release Bundles: each bundle includes one copy of all DAW December titles: Dreamweaver, Tempest, Alien Nation, and Jerusalem Fire, plus a bonus ARC (dependent on stock).
At any time between now and the end of the fundraiser, donate $5 to Transgender Michigan and email me a copy of the receipt at jchines -at- gmail.com, with the subject line “DAW Raffle Entry.” Each week, I’ll pick at least one donor to win their choice of either a Tad Williams or a December Release bundle from DAW.
You can donate more than $5. For example, donating $20 would get you four entries. However, you can only win a maximum of one of each bundle. This is separate from the individual auctions. Winning an auction does not count as a raffle entry.