Assuming I got everything set up right, I should be on a plane, on my way to ICON 42, when this post goes live. I’m delighted to once again be serving as Toastmaster for the convention, introducing and interviewing guests of honor Wesley Chu, H. Russ Brown, Sheril Harper, and ICON Mama and Papa Gay and Joe Haldeman.
Here’s my full schedule, for anyone who wants to come by and say hello. You can also check the programming grid or download the program book on the ICON website.
- 6:30 – 8 p.m. Group booksigning at the Cedar Rapids Barnes & Noble (Northland Square).
- 1 – 5 p.m. Student Writing Workshop. Every year, the convention does a workshop for local students. I’ll be doing a quick talk and a couple of panels.
- 7 p.m. Opening Ceremonies.
- 10 a.m Writing Outside Your Comfort Zone. (Part of Paradise Icon)
- 1 p.m. Blogging Roundtable.
- 2 p.m. Author/Artist Meet and Greet.
- 4 p.m. Guest of Honor Interviews.
- 9 a.m. Benefactors Brunch.
- 1 p.m. Promoting Yourself on Social Media.
In addition, I’ll once again be doing headshots for folks who need or want them. It’s all free, with a tip jar that will go toward the Rusty Hevelin Collection at the University of Iowa Special Collections. There are still seven slots available. (Or there were when I wrote this.)
All in all, I expect it to be a very busy weekend, but also a great deal of fun!