- Unlikely animal friendships.
- Artist 3D prints glass city-shaped shells for hermit crabs.
- Underwater puppies!
- Tree roots vs. concrete.
Go forth and carpe the Friday!
- LEGO frog dissection. For those with ethical qualms about dissecting the real thing? (Link from Steven Silver)
- Photos of animals who suddenly realized they’re at the vet’s.
- Dogs who forgot how to dog.
- Cats who forgot how to cat.
Please note that cats or dogs pressing their heads against the wall can indicate a serious health problem: http://www.petmd.com/cat/conditions/neu
I have no idea how it’s Friday again already. I’ve spent the past week in the Book-Finishing Time Vortex. Everything was so spinny and colorful…
- Puppies vs. Mirrors. (Link from Andrea)
- Elephant and dog best friends.
- Animals stealing food.
- Pallas’s Cat Pics!
- Industrial Flying Machines Made From Cardboard, by Daniel Agdag. (Link from Terry Hickman)
- Worrisome Uses of Quotation Marks.
- Man at Arms: Reforged builds a Lightsaber Katana. I was fascinated by the entire video, but my favorite part was the Stormtrooper at the end.
- LEGO Baby Groot and LEGO Rocket Raccoon Sketch.
Friday is Groot.
- “Van Damme? Never heard of her.” Animated gif of a badass little girl doing one of Van Damme’s signature moves. (Link from Martin Seeger)
- Guardians of the Galaxy Trailer – in LEGO. (Link from the Mary Sue)
- Sesame Street’s NumericCon preview gives us William Shatner, Doctor Who & Daleks, “The Dark Nine,” and more as muppets.
- THIS CAT HAS THE EYES OF SAURON! (Link from Cleolinda)
Friday made the Kessel Run in ten parsecs!
- Statue/sculpture art and cleverness. (Link via Jaime Lee Moyer)
- The Mary Sue brings us a “Day of the Doctor” recap, in LEGO.
- Children reading to shelter cats. I love pretty much everything about this idea.
- The 30 Best Dr. Seuss Mash-ups on the Net.
Do you want to build a Friday?
- “Clouds are Weird, Yo.”
- Homer’s The Odyssey, in LEGO. Wow…
- Photos from an elephant orphanage.
- GoogleX is working on a contact lens that would monitor blood sugar levels. Yes, please!
- That time the Curiosity Rover took a selfie.
Greetings from Detcon1! Have some links!
- Shakespearean Insults, with Cats! Though if I never have to see or hear another fat joke/insult, I’ll be a happy man.
- Rare and Unusual Patronuses, by AliciaMB. (Link from the Mary Sue)
- Scenes from The Princess Bride, recreated in LEGO.
- JL8, by Yale Stewart. I discovered this comic of 8-year-old DC superheroes a few weeks back, and it makes me happy.
Curious how many people will click on the spider link today…
- LEGO Boba Fett cosplay. (Link via the Mary Sue)
- Duct tape prom dresses & tuxes. (Link from Claire)
- The Search for Love, as told by cats in boxes.
- Spiders being goofy and/or cute. I know, I know. Spiders! But they really are cute. (Link from Seanan McGuire)